Thursday, December 30, 2004

Quicksilver

...and by that I mean the movie about bike messengers starring Kevin Bacon. I don't have anything to say about it, but I was trying to come up with a title for this post and that was the first thing that popped into my head.

First off, I've been posting every day, but due to a computer glitch, only persons with a G7 or Pentium IX processor were able to see them. Citizens of the future have been marveling at my wit for the past month.

Do visit thrillomedy.com. For a neophyte designer, I like what Casimir has done with the place.

If you ever lose your pants button while at work, either because you have eaten too many Christmas cookies, or you just go about zipping up post-potty with a little too much vigor, a good temporary solution involves winding a paper clip through both the hole on the zipper handle and the button hole itself, then twisting the clip secure. Theoretically, both could fall in tandem, but this will hold you until you locate either a sewing kit or the nudity-permitting privacy of your own home.

And now for my year-end awards.

Favorite film of 2004: Before Sunset
Biggest Disappointment: The Chronicles of Riddick (chances to make good sci-fi adventure are too precious to waste on this pap)
Guilty Pleasure: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
Honorable Mention: Extended Cut of Return of the King (I don't normally cry at movies, but when they bow to those midgets at the end, forget it)

Favorite book of 2004: Philip Roth, The Plot Against America (although the ending was a bit abrupt)

Favorite Video Game: Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (an amazing encapsulation of the west coast... I wore a cowboy hat and enjoyed flying my harrier across the desert)
Honorable Mention: ESPN NBA 2K5

Okay, a little digression here. I've been playing Sega's basketball game for about six years now. They finally made it hard enough to justify investing myself in playing a season as the Knicks. I even stole Allen Iverson from the Sixers with a package of Damon Stoudamire (who I picked up somewhere along the way) and a 1st and 2nd round draft pick. After several moves, my starting five looks like this:

PG: Stephon Marbury
SG: Allen Iverson
SF: Darius Miles
PF: Brian Grant (Kurt Thomas is down with an ankle injury, so I traded Penny Hardaway for Grant)
C: Nazr Mohammed

...with Allan Houston, Jerome Williams, Vin Baker, Qyntel Woods, Jamal Crawford, Reece Gaines and Travis Knight coming off the bench. Houston usually comes in to relieve Iverson, and then later in the game, after I've worn down the opposition, I'll go small and stick Houston at the three. And while Knight is indeed on the bench, rest assured he never comes off it.

It's a fun team. When Iverson is hot, and the crowd at MSG starts going nuts, it feels so right. Somehow, even with all this firepower, I'm only 28-26, currently slotted for the sixth seed in the playoffs.

Back to reality. I have two new web projects coming up soon, one musical in nature and one cartoon related. Check back for the launch of the Aaron Hill & The Crimson Guard website, as well as Shame and Folly, the web comic to end all web comics, or at least to make them feel a little dirty and uncomfortable with their own bodies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home