Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Quit While You're Ahead

It's day three of my unemployed adventure. It's been five days since I actually stopped being officially employed but only three business days have gone by in that timespan. So far, I'm just processing the new feeling of a summer vacation following the longest semester of my life. Like any academic semester, there were a ton of great things that happened and a huge amount of self-improvement. The summer break I'm in right now feels earned and that feeling is rare for me. I never deserve a break.

Certainly, I can't pat myself on the back too much though. It's a privilege to be able to stop the daily grind for someone else's company and switch gears solely to my own enterprises. I hope I honor my opportunity.

My first epiphany is that I miss my co-workers. I've worked with wonderful people who I look forward to harassing from the comfort of my new corner office (read: the tiny room in my apartment to the left of my bedroom). It's going to be hard to manufacture the daily stimulation from the creative energy present in my former office.

One thing that's a definite positive change: I now have a window. Having spent most of the last four years in windowless edits, it is soul-transforming to have sunlight lightly grazing at least one side of my face once more.

Blah Blah - let's get to work:

Blood Brothers Episode 3

I haven't actually seen Amistad.

Blood Brothers Episode 4

Nothing against Scientology, but did you have to ensnare Beck?

Keep your eyes peeled for Episode 5 in which a vampire gives birth to a mummy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it IS amazing to have a window. i haven't had one for nearly seven years in my cubicle... one day... one day...

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home