Saturday, March 18, 2006

Roofies

Another office tip that I can offer involves the roof. I work in midtown and previously thought roof access was categorically forbidden. In fact, it's there to be found and explored. Getting 22 floors above my windowless office has been therapeutic.

I met a woman at a party who recently completed jury duty. As it turns out, she was serving alongside a former employee in the building. He told her of the secret path to the New York City skyline - involving an elevator AND a door! It was inspiring to find a new space and easily get up there. Aside from a few lawyers who look out on the roof, it's pretty isolated. The lack of cigarette butts makes me think no one is taking advantage of it. Their loss.

Here's what I'm recommending: Get on your building's roof, have some decaf and throw a paper airplane off the edge.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were ALL thinking it!
(sorry, that's just my catchphrase)

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

which one of you is nerd and which is cake. either way, what happened to the other?

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home