Saturday, December 01, 2007

Echo

I thought it would be frightening to see my heart beat in almost real time.


And it was!

But it was also fascinating. As my doctor puts it, the heart is the perfect machine. Listening to her talk, you can see why she became a cardiologist. She is generally smitten with this most important of muscles. When she suggested I get the echocardiogram - to investigate a possible physiological source of high blood pressure - she said as a filmmaker, I needed to see this. She even wound up holding the camera so that I didn't miss any of the details of my test when I was on the treadmill or running from the treadmill to the ultrasound area.

Everything turned out fine (I just needed to cut back on some stress in my life) and I got to see something I'd never seen before. Now, while I can watch the full twenty minutes of me on the treadmill in all my potbellied glory, I figured I'd spare you the bulk of the procedure and just serve up the highlights - with a score from Greg Glassman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home